Surrey Heath Group
The Ramblers' Association
- When we walk
- Usually Sunday and Tuesday mornings. You can attend as
many, or as few, walks as you want.
- How far we walk, and how quick
- Most walks are 5 to 6 miles taking 21/2
to 3 hours. A proportion of Tuesday walks are about twice that
distance. Occasional shorter walks also feature in our programme. more....
- Where we walk
- Within sensible travelling distance of Surrey Heath
Situated in the north west corner of Surrey, the Borough includes
Camberley, Bagshot, Lightwater, Frimley, Deepcut, Mytchett, Windlesham,
Chobham, Bisley and West End.
- Why walk with us
- Because you enjoy relaxed walking in a sociable group
together with the opportunity to enjoy the flora and fauna of the
countryside you are walking through.
- There is no charge for joining a walk. If you walk with us
regularly then you will be expected to join The Ramblers.
- Social events
- As well as the walks programme we arrange occasional
- Walking holidays
- We coordinate two walking holidays a year.
- Contributing to the Community
- We help to ensure that our area's footpaths are clear and maintained.
What a difference Ramblers can make. These two photos, taken
from about the same place, show volunteers just starting to clear
vegetation, and a couple of hours later, the finished path. What a
difference a few volunteers can make with only gloves, cutters
and secateurs! If anybody is interested in a couple of hours of very
productive but light work on paths using supplied tools, please e-mail
anyone in the contact list on this website. of hours of very productive but light work on paths using supplied
tools, please e-mail anyone in the contact list on this website.